Club Motorsport UK Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Locost Race 1 - 2008 Snetterton 15th March 2008

Go down

Locost Race 1 - 2008 Snetterton 15th March 2008 Empty Locost Race 1 - 2008 Snetterton 15th March 2008

Post  Richd Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:48 am

First of all a big thanks to Chris "stellaman" for the help through the day and supplying the "hospitality suite". I'll return the favour at one of the stock hatch rounds.

The day went reasonably well with a steady qualifying session 21st of about 30 entries. a little scare when the wheel arch and half the wing stay detatched and flew through into the passenger area (see video footage of practice).

The race was absolutely fantastic with a fair start followed by a steady first few laps where I slipped backwards with I think a slightly under performing motor (possibly a bacon sarny or two too many on my part slowing it down). Then I was caught by Vicky Pickles in the Locost #71. From here on in it was just an amazing series of overtaking manoeuvre after manoeuvre through to the end of the race. My compliments to vicky for an excellent battle and for being aware at all times of my whereabouts. I eventually finished 18th with Vicky 19th and in the latter stages we were joined by Alastair "well I had to try" Ecclesfield who tried to car-share at russells on the penultimate lap.

Fantastic race, thanks Vicky, just a shame it wasn't a bit further forward in the rankings.

1st full Locost Race over, roll on the next one.

Cheers
Rich

PS. will get the videos up on here soon.
Richd
Richd
Admin

https://alliedracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down